Winter Witchy Blogging Challenge. I fell behind on this challenge because the Grinch stole all my spoons.
19. Reindeer Magic, write a meditation, spell of ritual that honors these animals.
I appoched this challenge by looking at the flying reindeer associated with Santa’s sled. For me I see them as symbolically being connected to speed, strength, teamwork, flight and spreading joy. Working with reindeer energy this time of year would be a great way to give a little extra boost to spells centered around endurance, and fitness, or anything that you want to put a little speed behind like a “please let the package arrive on time and unbroken”. Reindeer are also great allies for doing astral travel.
20. Longest night, how to honor the seasonal darkness and deities of night. To be honest I don’t make the longest night in my practice.
21. Winter Solstice, how do you mark this solar event? I cook an extra special dinner, light candles and catch up on my journaling.
22. Winter Hobbies, how are you keeping busy? I sew alot in the winter. Currently making myself a purse.
23. Snow days, share your stories of playing in the snow. As a kid we went sledding a lot. It was rare we ever got sufficient snow to build a proper snow man.
24. Snuggle up with a book, what are you reading? Currently reading “Carthrage must be Destroyed”. Which is history of Carthage from conception to destruction. I just made it theough the first of punic wars and am about to start the second one.
25. Wrapping paper round up, how to repurpose wrapping paper. Makes good book Mark’s, and considering I have a cat that likes to steal bookmarks and chew them up I go through a lot of them.
26. Holiday Hangover, how do you deal with the post holiday energy crash? Leftovers and kitty snuggles.
27. What’s in your cauldron? Share you favorite hot beverage, and soup recipes. I drink a lot of tea, but I mostly use the big name brands like Twinning and Biglow. My household is not big on soups, so the only thing in my crockpot/ cauldron is chili. I cook it with instinct not recipie so not a lot to share. Guess the one weird thing I do is like to use maple sausage, and replace 1/2 the beans with maple baked beans beacuse I enjoy a sweet chili.